The DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme (Public Policy and Good Governance) assists future leaders from developing nations who wish to promote democracy and social justice in their native country.
The program, which is supported by the German Federal Foreign Office, provides students with the opportunity to earn a Master’s degree in Master programme with a focus on the social, political, and economic development of their home countries.
Highly qualified graduates with a first academic degree are being educated in political science, law, economics, and administration and prepared for future leading roles in their home countries in light of the principles of Good Governance.
Amount/value: € 861 per month
Application Deadline: 31 July, 2022
Highly qualified graduates from developing and emerging countries who have obtained their first higher education degree in the subject areas of political and social studies, economics and business administration, legal and administrative sciences.
• Scholarships (of currently € 861 per month) for master´s degree courses at German higher education institutions.
• Academic education in the courses of study selected by the DAAD that are listed below, will take place from September/October 2022. The courses of study have an international focus and are offered in German and/or English.
• Health insurance cover in Germany
• Appropriate travel allowances for travel between Germany and the developing countries in question and Germany
• A study and research grant
• Rent subsidies and family supplements, as applicable
You have to send your application to a maximum of 2 of the 8 universities listed in the announcement.