- Category: Bachelor
- Amount/value: Varies
- Location: Africa
- Applicaiton deadline: 30 September 2023
ALA’s application and selection process is very rigorous to ensure that the most outstanding students from across Africa with the potential to drive change are selected.
ALA is looking to enroll young people aged 16 to 19 based on the following criteria:
- Leadership potential
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Passion for Africa
- Commitment to Service
- Academic Achievement
All applicants who are selected as finalists will be given financial aid forms as a part of their finalist information package. Applying for financial assistance is strictly optional.
- Students receive financial support for fees, uniforms, books and supplies, transportation, accommodation, and stipends.
- Students benefit from enrichment in skill areas relevant to employment success, such as critical thinking, communications, and entrepreneurship.
- Students will receive support during their transition into secondary school, university or the workforce with mentoring, career counselling, internships, leadership development, and other life skills coaching.
- An integral component of the Program is the commitment from the Scholars to give back to their communities and countries of origin. Students will demonstrate this commitment through volunteerism and community service, as well as other forms of experiential learning.
- Graduates of the Scholars Program will be connected through an alumni network that offers information, resources, and opportunities to consult with other graduates.