Trump said in a statement released soon before Musk’s $44 billion purchase deal for Twitter was overwhelmingly approved by the company’s board of directors, “I am not going on Twitter, I am going to stay on TRUTH.”
Former President Donald Trump said on Monday that he has no intentions to return to Twitter, even if Elon Musk reinstates his account, and that he will instead focus on his new social media network, Truth Social.
“I hope Elon buys Twitter because he’ll make improvements to it and he is a good man, but I am going to be staying on TRUTH,” Trump said in a statement.
Tesla’s controversial billionaire CEO, Elon Musk, has stated that he intends to take the social media platform private and reduce content monitoring.
Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat have all permanently suspended Trump for his involvement in inciting violence during the attack on the US Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, according to the corporations.
During the brawl, his Twitter account was temporarily disabled for 12 hours after he denounced then-Vice President Mike Pence, who was certifying Joe Biden’s 2020 election victory.
“We have permanently banned the @realDonaldTrump account due to the potential of additional encouragement of violence,” Twitter stated in a tweet announcing the permanent ban.
Trump declared his ambitions to develop his own social media network, Truth Social, after leaving office, which had a rocky start last month.
According to Fox, the former president will formally join “during the next seven days, as scheduled.”
Trump utilized Twitter as a campaign tool to help catapult him to the presidency. He indicated shortly after his election victory in 2016 that he wasn’t sure how frequently he’d use Twitter once he arrived to the White House.
However, Trump’s usage of Twitter increased during his presidency, with the president utilizing the social media network to feud with opponents, float conspiracy theories, and antagonize foreign rivals.