The PhD will be supervised by Dr Olga Zinovieva based at the School of Engineering and IT at UNSW Canberra.
The PhD project is within the broad scope of “Modelling for Metal Additive Manufacturing”, where there is potential to explore a range of different topics suited to the student’s interest and skillset. This may include
- processing-microstructure-property relationships
- different types of mechanical loading of additively manufactured materials
- model development and optimisation for the topics mentioned above
Amount/value: $35,000 (AUD) per annum
Application deadline: Always Active
The successful candidate must meet the minimum requirement for UNSW Scholarship with admission into the Doctor of Philosophy program including the English proficiency levels set by UNSW.
- have Master or Bachelor with First Class Honours degree in Mechanical, Materials, or Software engineering, or an equivalent degree.
- satisfy English language requirements (e.g., IELTS, Overall 6.5, Speaking, Writing, Reading and Listening 6.0 or TOEFL, Overall 90, Reading, 22, Listening 22, Speaking 22, Writing 23)
The value of these scholarships will be $35,000 per annum (tax free) for up to 3.5 years. Several types of scholarships are available
Please email Dr Olga Zinovieva (email@example.com) an expression of interest using the subject title “PhD Scholarship EOI” and include the following:
- A short motivation statement/cover letter. Please briefly explain your interest and how your skills and experiences make you a good fit.
- Academic CV
- Academic transcripts
- Your main research interest and your research proposal (<150 words)
- Links to your Google Scholar page, ResearchGate page, Scopus ID, etc.
Candidates may be invited to a video call with Dr Zinovieva to further discuss suitability and research topic specifics.
For more information, please refer to the following links on how and when to apply for a research degree.
Phd: $35,000 (AUD) per annum