To qualify for bursaries at the University of Manitoba, you must apply for the University of Manitoba General Bursary through Aurora in addition to any individual applications that may be required for specific awards.
Category: Bachelor, Master, PhD
Application deadline: 3 October 2022
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
• All undergraduate students must register and complete at least 60 per cent of a full course load over the regular academic session with registration in both the Fall and Winter terms. There are a few bursaries offered for part-time students registered in both Fall and Winter Terms.
• Graduate students do not have to adhere to credit hour minimums provided they are registered as full-time students over the Fall and Winter Terms with the Faculty of Graduate Studies
• Continuing University of Manitoba students must meet a GPA requirement of a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0. New students entering from high school must have a grade 12 average of 70 per cent or higher.
• International students in their first year of post-secondary study in Canada are not eligible to apply to the general bursary program.
• Financial need must be clearly documented on the application. Students who have applied for government student aid/loans from other provinces must provide a copy of a current “official” government loan assessment to support their declaration of financial need. Please note Manitoba Student Aid recipients do not need to submit a copy of their Notice of Assessment.
The University of Manitoba rewards students who have demonstrated academic success and supports those with financial need through international student scholarships and bursaries.
Selections for the bursaries will go out in early December of each year and bursary funds will be applied to Winter Term fees. If Fall and Winter Term fees are paid in full, you may request a refund by contacting Financial Aid and Awards.