The University of Gloucestershire is offering TWO full-time (or part-time) MA by Research or PhD studentships in English Literature, English Language, or Creative Writing.
Category: Master, PhD
Amount/value: 100% of Home Fees for 1 year of study
Application deadline: 15 August 2022
Research topics will be based within the following areas:
- Literature and decolonisation
- Creative Writing
- Crime fiction
- LGBTQ+ perspectives in fiction
- Children’s and YA literature
- Travel writing
- Poetry and the environment
- PhD by publication
You will be studying under the supervision of experienced academics who have supervised PhDs and MAs to completion.
The studentship provides an exciting opportunity to undertake an original research project. The successful applicant(s) will be based at the University of Gloucestershire’s Francis Close Hall Campus.
You will be part of a stimulating research student environment and a vibrant outward-looking Research Priority Area, Culture, Continuity and Transformation.
- MA by Research applicants must have a BA (Hons) in English, English Literature, or Creative Writing (at least 2:1 standard or equivalent).
- PhD studentship applicants must hold a Masters qualification in a relevant subject.
- A demonstrable interest in the named research topics is an advantage.
- Applicants for PhDs by publication will be required to submit material from your published work alongside an exegesis reflecting on your work’s contribution to knowledge.
- Further information on this route is available by enquiry.
100% of Home Fees for 1 year of study.
Please send a CV, a research proposal detailing your project based on the guidelines stated here: https://www.glos.ac.uk/information/knowledge-base/how-to-write-a-research-proposal/ and a covering letter outlining your suitability to:
Dr Charlotte Beyer
School of Education and Humanities
University of Gloucestershire