UPG Sustainability Leadership is a movement that mobilises individuals and organisations to support positive citizen leadership on sustainability.
It is a movement that encourages and enables citizens at all levels to take positive action. A movement inspired by the UPG’s commitment to do what we can with what we have, rather than wait for someone else to act. It is a movement that embodies the notion that everyone can do something to make the world more sustainable.
UPG believes that sustainability includes BOTH the usual “green” issues such as planting trees, recycling waste, managing energy, protecting the oceans AND other issues that have been central to our societies for a long time such as: education, health, jobs, gender equality, sustainable consumption, sustainable production and more. For those who are familiar with it, UPG uses the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as a guide.
- Category: Course
- Amount/value: Tuition free
- Application deadline: 1 December 2022
- This diversity means that everyone stands a chance when we make the selection of the final UPG Sustainability Leaders. Please note that between 1 March and 30 November 2023, your age must be a minimum of 18 years and a maximum of 35 years. This ensures that all participants are within this age group for the duration of the training and experiences that are planned. Please also note that candidates are required to be able to speak, read and write in English as the training is conducted in English.
- People of different levels of education
- People who have a strong motivation to be UPG Sustainability Leaders
- People who are willing and able to take action on sustainability
- People who believe in UPG’s mission to empower people to make the world a better place through positive action.
- Participation in UPG Sustainability Leadership is FREE for selected participants. All 500 participants will receive online training free of charge and all will be certified as UPG Sustainability Leaders after completion of the course.
- Participants selected for the 1-week immersive excursion will have the costs of the programme covered – training material, accommodation, subsistence, local transportation, international flights (a round trip flight from participant’s hometown to the US).
Go to United People Global (UPG) on unitedpeople.global to applyApplications must be completed online; applications that are mailed, faxed, or emailed to UPG will not be accepted.