UNHCR: The theme of the 2023 art contest is “Hope away from home”. They are calling on young people globally to submit a drawing that illustrates the power of including refugees. This year, the best designs will be turned into t-shirts by UNHCR partner UNIQLO and sold to support displaced people globally!
- Category: Contest
- Amount/value: Varies
- Location: Worldwide
- Application deadline: 30 September 2023
- If you are between 10 and 30 years old, this art contest is your chance to use your creativity for a good cause. You don’t need to be a professional artist. Anyone can be creative in their own way.
- Young refugees, asylum-seekers, stateless and internally displaced people are most welcome to join the contest.
- This year, the best designs will be turned into t-shirts by our partner UNIQLO. They will be publicized and sold in selected UNIQLO stores (including online stores worldwide and any other channels decided by UNIQLO and UNHCR) to support displaced people globally! The shirts will also be shared with UNHCR and UNIQLO’s social media platforms with millions of followers.
- Finalists will receive special prizes and goodies from UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency.
Go to United Nations Human Rights on quiz.typeform.com to applyYou can draw by hand or on a computer or tablet. If you draw by hand, scan or take a good-quality picture of your drawing. They accept drawings in pdf, jpeg and png formats. They recommend that the photo size be 2048×2048px and the resolution be 350dpi.
The deadline is September 30, but they encourage you to share your creations as early as possible, as they aim to publish submissions they love regularly on their social media accounts. The winners will be notified individually via e-mail between October and November 2023.