The James Dyson Award: James Dyson Foundation is looking for designers who think differently, to create products that work better. Engineers who follow an iterative design process.
The judges – and James Dyson especially – are drawn to designs that employ clever yet simple engineering principles. If yours is a sustainable design, that’s even better. As well as proving your project’s technical viability, we’d also love to see that it’s commercially viable, too – so include any research you’ve done into manufacturing.
- Category: Course
- Amount/value: $8,000 to $49,000
- Location: Canada
- Application deadline: 19 July 2023
Young design engineers have the ability to develop tangible technologies that can change lives. The James Dyson Award rewards those who have the persistence and tenacity to develop their ideas.
- The James Dyson Award is your chance to make a name for yourself as an inventor. As well as winning a significant cash prize, you could generate media exposure to kick-start your career, earn the esteem of your peers – and perhaps gain the confidence to launch your own business.
- National winner: $8,000
- International runners up: $8,000
- Sustainability winner: $49,000
- International winner: $49,000