- Category: Master
- Amount/value: Varies
- Location: Worldwide
- Application deadline: 31 October 2023
- No restriction is placed on the country of origin, discipline, or academic affiliation when STIAS considers a fellowship invitation.
- STIAS fellows who have been in residence previously are welcome to submit new applications, bearing in mind that during a five-year cycle preference is given to first-time applicants.
- Apart from candidates who apply within the framework of an agreement with the Volkswagen Foundation (see below), STIAS does not consider postdoctoral applications.
It encourages the cross-pollination of ideas and hence gives preference to projects that will tap into, and benefit from, a multi-disciplinary discourse while also contributing unique perspectives to such a discourse.
Go to Stellenbosch University on stias.ac.za to applySubmit via
- EMAIL (preferred): Documentation should be submitted in PDF format.
- MAIL:Ms Gudrun Schirge, STIAS Senior Programme Administrator.Private Bag X1, Matieland 7602, South Africa
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae.
- A list of publications (may be included in the CV).
- One or two recent articles typical of the applicant’s research work, or related to the proposed project.
- A project title and description (2-4 pages) of the planned work and expected outcomes.
- A brief summary/ introductory text (maximum 200 words) of the proposed project accessible to readers from outside the candidate’s specific discipline. This will be posted on the STIAS website (see project summaries for examples).
- A clear indication of the length of fellowship being applied for, together with preferred and alternative dates of residence at STIAS.
- A brief indication of how the applicant became aware of the STIAS programme.