Saitama University is happy to announce the grants for Privately Financed Students in Saitama University by the Kyoritsu International Foundation for studies undertaken in the academic year 2023-2024.
- Category: Bachelor
- Amount/value: varies
- Location: Japan
- Application deadline: 6 January 2023
- Eligible Countries: Students from Korea, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau, Mongolia, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Myanmar, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, East Timor, Brunei, and Maldives are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The students can apply for any undergraduate or graduate degree programme offered at Saitama University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have at least one year of enrolment remaining in the same program from April 2022.
- The applications must be made in the Japanese language only.
Saitama University will award the winning international students an Award amount worth 60,000 JPY or 100,000 JPY.
- How to Apply: The admission application at Saitama University must be submitted to the Office of International Affairs of the university. The application form must be requested via mail to with the subject line ‘Request for Kyoritsu application Form/ your Name. The applicants must be sure to write their name and student ID number in the mail.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Application Form in an MS Word format along with one colour photo which will be suitable for a student ID card
- An official Transcript from the applicant‡s home institution
- (Non-native speakers of English) An official English test score
- Passport Copy
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have graduated high school or hold an undergraduate qualification. They must also meet the GPA requirements of the course they wish to join, if applicable.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL PBT – 550
- TOEFL iBT – 79
- IELTS – 6.0