The PROJECT Governance Graduate Fellowship program (ProGov Fellowship) is designed to support promising young leaders from Pacific Island countries to earn a one-year professional degree at the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa in the fields of finance, information systems, or law.
The ProGov Fellowship is an important piece of the larger PROJECT Governance initiative. ProGov Fellows will have the opportunity to participate in PROJECT Governance activities and contribute to creating a stronger Blue Pacific, both during and after their professional studies at the University of Hawai’i.
- Category: Fellowship
- Amount/value: Tuition fees, monthly stipend, health insurance etc.
- Location: USA
- Application deadline: 1 March 2023
The East-West Center will award the selected candidates full tuition fees and books for graduate study at the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa:
- J-1 visa sponsorship
- Housing in East-West Center residence halls
- Health insurance
- Monthly stipend for living expenses
- Roundtrip travel between home and Honolulu
- Orientation and enrichment programs at the East-West Center
- Participation in PROJECT Governance activities
- How to Apply: The Project Governance Graduate Fellowship Application will be switching to an online application. In the application, there are fields in which the following pieces need to be uploaded or input directly to complete their application.
- Supporting Documents: Students must be ready to submit all the following documents:
- Application Form (fillable on the application website)
- Transcripts from all prior undergraduate study
- Language test (TOEFL, IELTS. Check the requirements of the degree program for more information)
- Two recommendation letters. One letter should address the applicant‡s academic potential, and the other should address the applicant‡s professional work.
- Personal Statements (prompts for the personal statements are on the application website)
- Admission Requirements: Complete educational requirements for admission to the University of Hawai‘i (undergraduate degree from an accredited university in business, law, or related field).
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests: