Presidential Scholarship: The Julia Jones Matthews School of Population and Public Health seeks to recruit and retain MPH students, to serve as Public Health Scholars.
In support of this goal, the school will award non-competitive scholarships of $5,000 to selected students for the Fall and Spring semesters of appointment as a scholar. Students must be full-time.
- Category: Master
- Amount/value: Non-competitive scholarship of $5,000
- Location: United States
- Application deadline: 18 August 2023
- To maintain eligibility for the scholarship, students must maintain full time status with a minimum of 9 credit hours in the Fall and Spring semesters. If a student drops below full-time status, they will lose their scholarship for the next semester. Students must also maintain satisfactory progress on their degree plan and remain in good standing. If a student drops below a 3.0 GPA in one semester, they will lose their scholarship for the next semester.
- State law requires that each student identify any relation to a current Board of Regent member. A student who is related to a current member of the governing board of that institution is prohibited from receiving scholarships unless the scholarship is awarded exclusively based on academic merit or is an athletic scholarship. It is a Class B misdemeanor to file a false statement. Please review a list of current Texas Board of Regent members at htt://www.texastech.edu/bor/ and then select the most appropriate answer below indicating your relation to any of the Board of Regent members.
- Continuing and newly admitted students to the MPH Program may apply.
The benefits and monetary value of the scholarship are unknown.