Pinsky Law supports, and provides its services to, entrepreneurs and startup companies. This is the reason they developed and maintain the legal resources for startups section on this website.
They know that establishing and operating a new venture is challenging and requires commitment of substantial financial resources.
Founders of a new venture must be personally and financially committed to their startup business. Many entrepreneurs mortgage their homes, cash RRSP, and use credit cards to finance the initial operations of the new venture.
Access to these sources of capital may be critical to the startup, but these resources come at a high emotional and financial cost.
- Category: Bachelor, Master
- Amount/value: Varies
- Location: Canada
- Application deadline: 30 December 2023
- Must be enrolled in Canada or overseas in a university (undergraduate/graduate programme) or community/professional college during the academic year of 2023 – 2024;
- Must be in good standing with the university or community/professional college they attend;
- Must apply via email by providing their full name, full mailing address, name of the university/college, major academic specialization, and expected date of graduation.
- Submit by December 31, 2023, via email in PDF format, a business plan for the current or prospective business which includes a section outlining taxation and intellectual property strategy for the new venture.
The value and benefits will be known after applying.
To apply for the New Venture Development Scholarship please send, in confidence, in PDF format, a copy of a business plan for your existing or prospective business, along with the information outlined in the scholarship criteria below.
Pinsky Law is a business, taxation, and intellectual property law firm, and therefore they require the applicants to include in their business plan a section outlining taxation and intellectual property strategy for their business.