Past Global Changes (PAGES) announces the Inter-Africa Mobility Research Fellowship Program for African early-career scientists studying past global changes.
- Category: Fellowship
- Amount/value: Varies
- Location: Worldwide
- Application deadline: 18 August 2023
The applicants must fulfill the following conditions:
- Be an early-career researcher either in the final stage of completing their PhD thesis/dissertation, or a postdoctoral researcher within five years of completing their PhD (including PhD holders who have not held a postdoc position).
- Be either a student or hold a paid position in their home country at the time of the application, and during the fellowship period.
- Be a citizen of any African country and currently working or doing their PhD at an African institution.
- Already be working on a research topic within the scientific scope of PAGES.
- Be willing to conduct research in another African institution/country.
- Must secure the agreement of the host researcher/institution and provide a confirmation letter from the host researcher/institution as a pre-condition for award of the fellowship.
- Demonstrate that fellowship will not last for less than two weeks or for more than four weeks within a 12-month period from the date of award.
The program is intended to support costs associated with international travel and living expenses while abroad, i.e., flight (economy class), visa, and accommodation (subsistence and housing) costs for the period of the exchange, for the fellow only. Insurance will not be covered by the grant. PAGES cannot be deemed responsible if the candidate cannot travel for any reason (such as flight cancelation).
Awardees are selected based on the merit and quality of their application, which must include:
a) Completed application form, including:
– Description of proposed research and travel (max. 1000 words). Indicate how the aims and objectives of the fellowship relate to PAGES scientific scope.
– Description of the impact of the fellowship on your professional capacity development and its significance to your home institution/country (max. 200 words).
– Project timeline and outcomes (up to one month duration).
– Detailed budget in USD.
b) Two letters of recommendation (one from the current academic supervisor at the home institution and one from the supervisor at the host institution).
c) CV outlining the major academic and professional achievements (max 2 pages).