The Nelson City Council is launching its Waste Minimization Grants for the academic session 2023/2024. The grants will provide funding for the said project.
- Category: Grant
- Amount/value: Varies
- Location: New Zealand
- Application deadline: 1 March 2023
- Eligible Countries: International and New Zealanders can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The candidates must be proposing research on waste minimization.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be from any organization, group, or individual.
The candidates, groups, or organizations selected by the Nelson City Council to be awarded this grant can expect to receive $2,000 to $10,000 to support and fund projects focused on waste minimization.
- How to Apply: The applications for this funding opportunity must be sent to. An electronic application form is also available on the Nelson City Council’s website for each individual grant programme.
- Supporting Documents: The applicants are required to prepare research projects that contain the following information:
- Where does the project fit in the waste hierarchy of rethink/avoid (high), reduce, reuse, and recycle (low)?
- What does success look like for your project, and how will it be measured?
- What is your ability/track record and capacity to deliver the project?
- Will the project result in either a new activity or a significant expansion of an existing activity outside of ‘business as usual?
- Will the project be of benefit to the Nelson region?
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have projects prepared as per the theme of the grant, i.e., waste minimization.
- Language Requirement: The candidates must be fluent in English or any other language, as and if applicable.