Georgetown University Global Human Development Programme (GHD) Full Masters Scholarships 2022: The Global Human Development Program (GHD) at Georgetown University’s Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service is excited to announce at least one full-tuition scholarship and several partial scholarships for GHD students from sub-Saharan Africa, made possible through the generous support of the Amre and Caroline Heinz-Youness Family and the William and Catherine McGurn Family.
- Category: Master
- Amount/value: Varies
- Location: United States
- Application deadline: 15 January 2023
GHD is a practitioner-focused program so one year of experience working in international development is required, with a minimum of two years of professional experience preferred. All applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree prior to proposed enrollment.
Applicants to the Global Human Development Program should meet the following requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Completion of courses in introductory macro- and microeconomics and statistics (must be completed before enrollment in August, not necessarily before applying).
- Ability to function effectively in English and one other language (students must pass an oral proficiency exam before graduation, implying that they will have a reasonable command of one foreign language before entering the program).
- Several years of experience living, studying, and working abroad is strongly recommended.
- Completion of either the GRE (preferred) or GMAT exam, taken in time to submit the scores by the application deadline.
A full tuition scholarship for a GHD student from sub-Saharan Africa.
In addition to the curriculum, students apply the skills and knowledge they are learning in the classroom to three different professional work experiences:
- the summer field project (a fully-funded 2-3 month international work placement);
- an internship at a relevant Washington DC-based international development organization/agency for at least one academic semester; and
- the capstone project (a two-semester client engagement project emphasizing project management and analysis).
Go to Georgetown University on ghd.georgetown.edu to applyRequired Documents:
- Online application
- Personal statement
- Supplemental data sheet
- Official transcripts and test scores (GREs and TOEFL/IELTS)
- Three letters of recommendation