The Denise Halbach Performance Scholarship is awarded to a student pursuing a graduate degree in acting or musical theatre performance.
The award is named for Denise Halbach, a past president of SETC and 2011 recipient of the Suzanne M. Davis Memorial Award.
- Category: Master, PhD
- Amount/value: $2000
- Location: United States
- Application deadline: 3 April 2023
- You must be planning to attend an accredited graduate program of Acting, Performance or Musical Theatre during the upcoming academic year.
- You must have completed undergraduate work at a regionally accredited institution in one of the following 10 states: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia or West Virginia.
Free one-year SETC student membership Free registration for the following year’s SETC Convention Photo and bio recognition on the SETC website.
- Personal letter outlining plans and objectives for graduate study.
- Video recording (website link preferred) of the candidate performing three contrasting monologues of less than two minutes each; presentation of a song from musical theatre may take the place of one or two of the monologues.
- A detailed resume of all theatre work
- Two or three (2-3) letters of reference speaking to the applicant’s potential as a graduate student in Theatre Performance
- Complete, current transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.